Health Benefits of Using Broccoli for Juicing
Not a fan of broccoli or of any green vegetable? Wait till you finish reading this post. I’m certain you’ll get to the grocery store right away and grab a pack of this green healthy goodness!
Broccoli is a member of the cabbage family. It’s so flexible it can be eaten raw, cooked, and chopped. And it can even be juiced! It has a strong taste but this taste is powerful and full of nutrients. Drinking pure broccoli juice may be a little disgusting for those who don’t eat broccoli, but don’t worry, you can mix it with other fruits and vegetables that you prefer, to add a little sweetness. Then, when you’re ready, juice them and drink them as they are.
Let me identify the benefits you’ll reap when you drink pure broccoli juice on a daily basis:
- Enhanced brain function – Thank goodness there’s folate in broccoli juice. Folate is a B-Vitamin also known as Vitamin B9. It’s vital for the production of DNA during pregnancy and adolescence. This vitamin is also responsible for the health of the liver. It even strengthens the immune system. That being the case, drinking a glass of broccoli juice can boost your immunity.
- Lower chances of having cancer – Broccoli juice contains Vitamin B2 or Riboflavin. This aids the body to process pyridoxine or Vitamin B6 and folate so they can be beneficial and used by the body. Vitamin B2 is an effective antioxidant as well. It protects the cells from the damaging radicals that can cause various types of cancer.
- Healthy production of red blood cells – Broccoli is an iron-packed vegetable. Iron is responsible for the production of red blood cells, hemoglobin, myoglobin, and proteins. They all carry and transport oxygen to all parts of the body. Thanks to broccoli juice, you won’t have trouble having a low level of iron.
- Healthier bone and teeth – Broccoli juice contains calcium. And believe it or not, it has more calcium than milk! So if you’re lactose-intolerant, drinking broccoli juice is a great alternative in order to get calcium in your system. Because broccoli is enriched with calcium, your bones and teeth will be healthier if you drink on a daily basis. You can now ward off arthritis, osteoporosis, and other bone problems with a glass of broccoli juice. In addition, the calcium in broccoli juice can be a natural antacid that relieves the discomfort caused by little heartburns when you’re on a juicing diet.
- Healthier vision – Lutein and zeaxanthin are carotenoids found in broccoli juice that help you maintain a healthy vision. They can even help enhance your eyes’ night vision and defend them from damage caused by infection, pollution, and too much sunlight.
- Healthy blood clotting – Broccoli juice has a high content of Vitamin K. Per ¾ cup serving, you get 185mg of Vitamin K and that’s more than 100% of what you need in a day as an adult. Vitamin K helps the blood coagulate in order to maintain a normal level when there’s bleeding. This vitamin speeds up the healing of wounds, cuts, and bruises.