Health Benefits of Using Blueberries for Juicing
Gulp a whole lot of benefits when you drink blueberry juice! thanks to the nutrients blueberries have, you can certainly get nourished and strengthened for the rest of your wonderful day. The benefits you can get will surely seduce you to drink this bluish juice. (Warning: The next sentence is corny.) If you drink a glass of blueberry juice every day, there’s no chance of getting blue (literally and figuratively).
Anyway, enough of the introduction, let’s move on to the health benefits.
- Blueberry juice can prevent aging. Like strawberry juice, it can also slow down the aging process. And that’s because of the antioxidants present in the blueberry juice. Researchers found that blueberry juice can reduce oxidative DNA damage, which increases the risk of cancer and promotes aging, by 20% when drank for four weeks coupled with apple juice.
- Blueberry juice can improve your brain health. If you want to enhance the function of your brain and combat the free radicals and oxidative stress that can harm the brain. Blueberries have antioxidants that can delay cognitive impairment by 2.5 years according to a six-year study with 16,010 elderly participants.
- Blueberry juice can help you lose weight. I’m sure a lot of you are interested. And trust me, blueberries deserve your undivided attention. Thanks to the capability of blueberries to reduce fat, they can surely decrease your weight when juiced and drank on a daily basis.
- Blueberry juice can prevent heart disease. Blueberries fight hypertension and lower the risk of heart disease. Anthocyanins found in blueberries are effective in reducing the blood pressure levels when you consume blueberries or blueberry juice once a week. However, further research is needed to ascertain if they can reduce the risk of having a heart attack or stroke.
- Blueberry juice can improve your overall health. When you drink a glass of blueberry juice, you also get loads of antioxidants, which means you have the sword to attach the damage carried by free radicals. Improve your health with blueberry juice every day.
- Blueberry juice can lower your blood pressure. Research shows that consuming blueberries every day can reduce blood pressure. Because of this, your risk of having heart disease is reduced by 4-6%.
- Blueberry juice can cure UTI. Are you suffering from urinary tract infection (UTI)? Surely, the pain is almost unbearable. But because blueberry juice can treat UTI, you now have hope. Similar to cranberry juice, this juice also has active ingredients that can treat this condition. Natural blueberry juice should always be preferred over the packed blueberry juice. Remember that the latter has more sugar and might even worsen UTI instead of treat it.
- Blueberry juice is a perfect post-workout drink. If you had an intense workout, causing your muscles to hurt or get exhausted, then a glass of blueberry juice can relieve the muscle fatigue. Blueberries work like magic; they hasten muscle repair, getting you prepped up to exercise again.