Health Benefits of Using Cucumbers for Juicing
Cucumbers are one of the most versatile food in the world. They can go with any other juice and are absolutely nutritious.
Wondering what a glass of cucumber juice can do for you? Read on and get cucumberized.
- Cucumber juice is a great source of energy – Because cucumbers are rich in B vitamins, their juice is considered the best energy drink. One glass can provide you with more vitamins and minerals compared to other artificial energy drinks you can buy from grocery stores. Cucumber juice can keep you energetic throughout the day. Plus, you can keep yourself hydrated without the calories you can find in energy drinks.
- Cucumber juice can hydrate you – 95% of cucumbers are made of water, which means they can prevent dehydration. They also help wash away the toxins out of your body. If you juice the cucumber with its skin, you can have an additional amount of vitamin C which can also help your digestive system.
- Cucumber juice can reduce your risk of having cancer – Thanks to the existence of substances such as pinoresinol, lariciresinol, and secosolariciresinol, cucumbers are also certified to be powerful cancer-fighting food. Drinking cucumber juice on a daily basis can even reduce your chances of having uterine cancer, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and prostate cancer.
- Cucumber juice can keep your body cool – If you drink a glass of cucumber juice after an intense workout or after a lengthy and warm day, you won’t have trouble with cooling your body. That’s because cucumber juice also has anti-inflammatory properties that keep your body cool and cure any kind of acidity or stomach inflammation. Need a drink that can regulate temperature? Cucumber juice is the answer.
- Cucumber juice can control blood pressure – Since it’s enriched with fiber, magnesium, and potassium, you can be certain that cucumber juice can regulate blood pressure. It can effectively and naturally cure low blood pressure or high blood pressure.
- Cucumber juice can reverse diabetes – Cucumbers contain a hormone which elevates the insulin production in the pancreas. As you are well aware, sugar is troubling millions of people. The temptation of sweets is just way too strong for most people. That is why a glass of cucumber juice is recommended. It can even reduce the high levels of cholesterols in your body. If you’re suffering from diabetes or if you have older family members who have, you might want to start incorporating cucumber juice into your diet.
- Cucumber juice can keep your joints healthy – Cucumbers also contain silica, a compound that promotes connective tissues and helps improve joint health. Cucumber juice also has high levels of vitamin A, C, D, B1, B6, calcium, folate, magnesium, and potassium which, when combined, offer the best relief from the pain caused by gout, arthritis, and other joint conditions.
- Cucumber juice can give freshen your breath – Do you always have to cover your mouth when you speak because of natural bad breath? Well, a glass of cucumber juice is the cure you’ve been looking for. Thanks to the phytochemicals in cucumbers that can kill the bacteria in your mouth, you don’t have to worry about covering your mouth every time you open it.