Juice fasting isn’t new nowadays. In fact, more and more people take an interest in juice cleansing as the days go by. However, before you juice fast, there are things you need to know.
- Juice fasting doesn’t detoxify our bodies. You read that right. Juice fasting for three or seven days won’t cleanse our bodies of specific toxins. But that’s okay since our kidneys and liver do that for us. Some may claim that juice fasting will get rid of all the unwanted invaders inside our bodies, but it is just too good to be true.
- Juice fasting can help you lose weight… or vice versa! If you aren’t careful with your diet, you may gain weight after juice fasting. It’s possible when you stop juicing after you fast and eat your favorite, not to mention unhealthy, snacks because you just finished juice fasting. It’s also a wrong notion that juice fasting is a miracle weight loss machine. It doesn’t magically drop your weight, you still need a balanced diet and a workout routine. Juice fasting may be effective for weight loss for those who plan not to make juicing a once in a lifetime thing.
- Plan ahead. This is essential before juice fasting. How many days can you juice fast? What recipes will you try? There are books and applications that can help you plan your juice fast. Just be sure that you stick with it for better results. Shop ahead and assign what you’ll be preparing every day for a week or for how long you’ll juice fast. If you think you should rely on what your tummy feels on the days you’ll fast, then you don’t have to make a detailed list, just make sure you have all the ingredients you need.
- Don’t force your body to take a long one immediately. If it’s your first time, start small. A two-day juice fast would be all right. Allow your body to adjust to the substitutions you’re going to do. Forcing your body might lead to a headache and may even discourage you to juice fast again. Besides, if you start a 30-day juice fast right away, there’s a tendency that you’ll cheat because your body is not used to it. The best thing to do is gradually increase the number of days instead of jumping into a long one immediately. Also, I recommend you start over a weekend so that if it makes you sick, at least you can just stay at home. This way, your employer won’t get angry with your absence because of juice fasting, which obviously, isn’t a valid excuse.
- Work it out with your body. This means you have to listen to what your body says. You have to work together. If you think you’re uncomfortable and you feel sick, then partake a healthy snack or a small meal. It’s better to pick one that’s as nutritious as the one you’re drinking. Furthermore, don’t forget to drink loads of water!