7 Secrets for Making Your Smoothies Taste as Well as the Pros
- Pick fresh ingredients only. Opt for fresh fruits and vegetables. They always have a better taste than older ones. Always. Plus, you get more nutrients if your ingredients are fresh. Old ones can lose their quality and nutrients over time. So, make sure you use the fruits only up to three days after purchase and vegetables should be consumed no later than five days after purchase.
- Remember that proportions matter. When you blend, it’s ideal to pour the liquid up to the tip of the blades only. The middle of the base can be filled with fruits, vegetables, and natural supplements of your choice. Then, top everything with ice.
- Add leafy greens. The best way to enjoy your smoothie is to add leafy greens to it. Know them. Look them up. They’re good for your health. Leafy greens can be mixed with any smoothie. Give your smoothie more greens and it’ll give you back more nutrients! For an extra boost, try different leafy greens. Discover the various flavors and underlying benefits. For instance, Chaya leaves, also known as Mayan spinach, are packed with nutrients and are surprisingly sweeter than other leafy greens. Bele is also rich in nutrients and even adds a creamy texture to your smoothie.
- Experiment. Experiment. Experiment. Yes, don’t be afraid to try out other fruits and flavors. Be as colorful as you can get. Make a list of your own favorite original recipes. Try out the different hues of leafy greens and fruits! Mix them all together and you may come up with one creamy, delectable smoothie jam-packed with nutrients! If you’re not sure, though, you can always research whether the ingredients you choose go well together or not.
- Adding a slice of lemon is always a wise choice. Lemon is enriched with Vitamin C and this vitamin helps your body absorb the iron found in plants. Adding a slice of lemon, or any citrus fruit for that matter, in your leafy green smoothie will give you a tangy taste that’s refreshing and healthful. Trust me when I say lemon will always add zest to your smoothie.
- Make your smoothie creamy. A creamy smoothie can save the day. To get a successful creamy texture, you can add organic almond or peanut butter, coconut milk, granola, or maca in your smoothie. You can also add bele or bananas to make your smoothie creamier. Do experiment. The only way to get that perfectly creamy smoothie you’re craving for is to try adding different ingredients that can make your drink mouthwatering, sweet, and creamy.
- Use superfoods. Always check the nutritional value of your ingredients. What health benefits can they offer? To be safe, go for superfoods, regardless of whether they’re exotic or not. Take goji berries for instance. They have a high content of antioxidants. Chia seeds, on the other hand, protect your vital organs, especially your heart. Meanwhile, maca can regulate hormones. As a matter of fact, when you add superfoods, you also add yummy nutrients and texture to your smoothie. Raw cacao is also healthy; it is full of antioxidants and has anti-cancer properties.
Also having a fantasic blender can really up your smoothie game. Check out our smoothe blender buying guide for more info on this.